HOME LEARNING SEPTEMBER 2020
Please click below for the home learning offer if your child is absent due to the following reasons:
They are self-isolating due to:
• a positive COVID test for themselves or a member of their household
• having to quarantine
• being contacted by NHS track and trace
Their bubble is closed and the whole class needs to self-isolate.
Additional home learning resources [scroll down for different subject areas]:
Check out Lisa Bannon’s music lessons online:
These are links to materials to support children, families and schools with wellbeing.
Hackney Learning Trust weekly Grids:
These are great and many activities do not rely on the internet or use of any technologies.
Suggested Home Leaning Timetable:
PLEASE NOTE: The timetable is only a guide and does not need to be followed strictly. Do what you are able. Some children will need regular breaks and activity.
Home Learning Expectations:
The school will:
- – Provide sufficient work to ensure children are able to continue learning when at home during term time.
- – Provide a suggested timetable for parents to follow if they wish.
- – Set work sufficient for each week.
- – Use the school website to post work so all families who are able to, can access.
- – Print packs out weekly for those families who are unable to access the internet or a printer.
- – Check in weekly on each child to see how they are and how they are finding the work.
- – Check more vulnerable children and families twice a week.
Parents will [assuming child and parent are well]:
- – Find time and space for the child to do the work set by following the suggested timetable
- – Support the children in their work if necessary.
- – Ensure the children are doing the work to the best of their ability.
- – Ensure work is kept in a book or folder [the school will provide this]
- – Ensure children are reading regularly and keeping a reading diary.
Child friendly resources about COVID-19:
Resources that cover all curriculum areas:
Sign up here for 1 months free subscription to Twinkl for loads of resources and activities. Use the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Classroom Secrets – just released packs for each year group, around 50 pages or so. Tons of activities for maths & literacy. Children can also sign up for a ‘KIDS’ account, which is free:
BBC Bitesize is always reliable and has some great resources for all ages:
Hackney’s e library is available free of charge for all Hackney Residents, all you need is a library card and pin number to access it. If you aren’t a member, register her:
For recommended reads for each year group and lots of other information about reading click here
Free classic children’s books on PDF/audiobook format: Click here
For a daily picture stimulus with engaging activities associated to the picture: http://www.pobble365.com/
For a writing stimulus to engage children: http://www.phoenixjuniors.co.uk/wp-content/closurework/Year%204%20Independent%20Writing%20Activities.pdf
Times tables Rock Stars [children should know their login details!]:
Free science lessons here.
Science awards you can complete at home:
Lots of free resources for primary aged children:
Big History Project for Y5 and 6:
National Geographic activities and quizzes:
Free art activities:
Learn languages for free:
BBC Bitesize also has a really good languages section
Creative computer programming
Learn computer programming skills: