HOME LEARNING JANUARY 2021
Please note, the home learning offer begins on Tuesday 5th January.
Letter outlining KS2 Offer
Letter outlining KS1 offer
Letter outlining Early Years offer
How to log in to Seesaw:
HOME LEARNING SEPTEMBER 2020
Please click below for the home learning offer if your child is absent due to the following reasons:
They are self-isolating due to:
• a positive COVID test for themselves or a member of their household
• having to quarantine
• being contacted by NHS track and trace
Their bubble is closed and the whole class needs to self-isolate.
Additional home learning resources [scroll down for different subject areas]:
Check out Lisa Bannon’s music lessons online:
These are links to materials to support children, families and schools with wellbeing.
Hackney Learning Trust weekly Grids:
These are great and many activities do not rely on the internet or use of any technologies.
Suggested Home Leaning Timetable:
PLEASE NOTE: The timetable is only a guide and does not need to be followed strictly. Do what you are able. Some children will need regular breaks and activity.
Home Learning Expectations:
The school will:
- – Provide sufficient work to ensure children are able to continue learning when at home during term time.
- – Provide a suggested timetable for parents to follow if they wish.
- – Set work sufficient for each week.
- – Use the school website to post work so all families who are able to, can access.
- – Print packs out weekly for those families who are unable to access the internet or a printer.
- – Check in weekly on each child to see how they are and how they are finding the work.
- – Check more vulnerable children and families twice a week.
Parents will [assuming child and parent are well]:
- – Find time and space for the child to do the work set by following the suggested timetable
- – Support the children in their work if necessary.
- – Ensure the children are doing the work to the best of their ability.
- – Ensure work is kept in a book or folder [the school will provide this]
- – Ensure children are reading regularly and keeping a reading diary.
Child friendly resources about COVID-19:
Resources that cover all curriculum areas:
Sign up here for 1 months free subscription to Twinkl for loads of resources and activities. Use the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Classroom Secrets – just released packs for each year group, around 50 pages or so. Tons of activities for maths & literacy. Children can also sign up for a ‘KIDS’ account, which is free:
BBC Bitesize is always reliable and has some great resources for all ages:
Hackney’s e library is available free of charge for all Hackney Residents, all you need is a library card and pin number to access it. If you aren’t a member, register her:
For recommended reads for each year group and lots of other information about reading click here
Free classic children’s books on PDF/audiobook format: Click here
For a daily picture stimulus with engaging activities associated to the picture: http://www.pobble365.com/
For a writing stimulus to engage children: http://www.phoenixjuniors.co.uk/wp-content/closurework/Year%204%20Independent%20Writing%20Activities.pdf
Times tables Rock Stars [children should know their login details!]:
Free science lessons here.
Science awards you can complete at home:
Lots of free resources for primary aged children:
Big History Project for Y5 and 6:
National Geographic activities and quizzes:
Free art activities:
Learn languages for free:
BBC Bitesize also has a really good languages section
Creative computer programming
Learn computer programming skills: