Our Mission and Equality Statements
At Grasmere Primary School, we offer:
- Consistently high expectations of all learners in all areas.
- A vibrant and happy learning environment where all potential is realised.
- A broad curriculum with engaging themes and topics full of enriching learning experiences.
- The development of a child’s artistic, musical and physical potential.
- A positive behaviour approach, underpinned by Restorative Justice.
- A Growth Mindset- giving children the confidence to have a go and learn from their mistakes.
- A school environment that children take pride in.
- Social and emotional growth through learning behaviours, circle time and mindfulness.
- Engagement and partnership with the local community.
Brave- Kind- Creative- Respectful
Equality at Grasmere:
At Grasmere Primary School we are committed to:
- promoting equality of opportunity
- eliminating discrimination and harassment
- valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships
- providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential
- meeting the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The Equality Act 2010
The Equality Act 2010 replaces previous anti-discrimination legislation with a single Act. The Equality Duty is set out in section 149 of the Act. It replaces the three previous public sector equality duties – for race, disability and gender – and covers the following protected characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (but only in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We ensure that we have due regard to the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t
- foster good relations between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t.