Our Mission and Equality Statements
Leaders ensure that the quality of education, pupils’ well-being and the wider curriculum are
top priorities. They routinely seek improvements to enhance the quality of education within the
At Grasmere Primary School, we offer:
- Consistently high expectations of all learners in all areas.
- A vibrant and happy learning environment where all potential is realised.
- A broad curriculum with engaging themes and topics full of enriching learning experiences.
- The development of a child’s artistic, musical and physical potential.
- A positive behaviour approach, underpinned by Restorative Justice.
- A Growth Mindset- giving children the confidence to have a go and learn from their mistakes.
- A school environment that children take pride in.
- Social and emotional growth through learning behaviours, circle time and mindfulness.
- Engagement and partnership with the local community.
Brave- Kind- Creative- Respectful
Equity at Grasmere:
At Grasmere Primary School we are committed to:
- promoting equality of opportunity
- eliminating discrimination and harassment
- valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships
- providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential
- meeting the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The Equality Act 2010
The Equality Act 2010 replaces previous anti-discrimination legislation with a single Act. The Equality Duty is set out in section 149 of the Act. It replaces the three previous public sector equality duties – for race, disability and gender – and covers the following protected characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (but only in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We ensure that we have due regard to the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t
foster good relations between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t.
At Grasmere we understand that Equality cannot exist without Equity. We work hard to ensure that support and scaffolds are in place so that the whole school community is recognised and valued, and each child is allowed to excel.
Equity is weaved through every moment at Grasmere, and this is also considered in our school development plan. We have developed these objectives to focus our work in the current academic year.
Our equity objectives for 2022/2023 are in the attached document.