Revised Educational Visits letter to parent/carers
Dear Parent/ Carer,
In light of recent national events, we are revising some of our procedures regarding educational visits and trips for the remainder of this term. We consider risks to be low but want to be prepared to deal with any situation which may arise. We want you to be reassured that your child will be safe and all foreseeable risks will have been assessed thoroughly.
* The risk assessment has been revised to include a more thorough checklist.
- All adults (including parent volunteers) will be allowed to bring their mobile phone on school visits/trips and have them switched on for emergency use.
- There will be briefing before all visits/trips reminding students of the procedures for the day in case of emergency.
- A safe meeting place away from the location of the trip will be identified and shared with the children as part of the risk assessment.
- The risk assessment can be shared with parents/ carers of the children attending the trip on request.
- Pupils will be reminded to follow police instructions in the event of an emergency.
- A possible revised transport route to and from the visit/trip destination will be left with office staff on the day of the visit/trip including expected return time and mode of transport.
- Visits/trips may be cancelled at short notice if incidents occur or security warnings change.
We are in the process of updating our educational visits policy to ensure that we include all current guidance. In the meantime, if you have any further concerns of questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.